A 367-page workbook that builds on the foundational precepts introduced in the Learning the Alphabet Level 1 - Letter Workbook Series. It is intended for students who have completed all 26 Learning the Alphabet Level 1 workbooks.
The goal of the Level 2 workbook exercises is to reinforce and practice the concepts learned in Level 1 along with, learning new skills that set the ultimate pre-reading foundation.
Major Skills and Concepts
- Understand that each alphabet letter has a distinct shape and name.
- Correctly identify each letter of the alphabet.
- Recognize uppercase and lowercase letters.
- Demonstrate correct letter formation using the continuous stroke method to help prevent letter reversals.
- Phonics - Learn the connected relationships between the letters and the spoken sounds.
- Develop correct letter sound recognition.
- Recognize the starting, middle and ending sounds of words.
- Develop phonemic awareness - the ability to hear, identify and arrange phonemes (individual sounds).
- Understand that letters are the building blocks of words.
- Demonstrate correct handwriting techniques through tracing and letter writing exercises.
- Develop observation, awareness and attention skill sets through interactive sound exercises.
- Understand and recognize rhyming words.
- Identify vowels and consonants to understand word formation.
- Confidently write letters in alphabetical order.
- Gain order and understanding of their emerging vocabulary.
- Increase their desire for learning and accelerated academic progress.
- A 367-page workbook specifically designed to reinforce and practice the concepts learned in the Learning the Alphabet Level 1 along with, learning new skills that set the ultimate pre-reading foundation.
- A clear teacher's manual that guides you on how to teach each skill and concept.
- Easy to understand instructions for worksheets and suggestions for implementing the program activities.
- Answer keys for applicable worksheets.
- Modern, eye-catching graphics designed for an elementary student.
- Fun and practical activities including puzzles, mazes, and games.
- Bonus Materials: Large Lines Handwriting Paper, Alphabet Letter Mat, and Achievement Award.
- Letter Recognition
- Alphabet Letter Sequence
- Beginning Letter Sounds
- Ending Consonant Sounds
- Vowels and Consonants
- Middle Vowel Sounds
- Rhyming Words
Can I see a sample of the program lessons?
Yes, download a sample from the Learning the Alphabet Level 2 workbook - click the links below:
To view a preview of the workbook, click the links below:
Download the entire workbook RIGHT NOW, and you'll also receive these additional special BONUS offers:
- FREE updates for 3-Months 12-Months!
- Large Lines Handwriting Paper: Printable writing paper with large lines, perfect for beginner writers.
- Achievement Award: A "Program Completion" certificate to reward your student's achievement.
- Alphabet Letter Mat: A through Z uppercase and lowercase letter mat. A digital download that you will need to laminate to create your mat.
Discover more about the Learning the Alphabet Program
There are no reviews yet.
Be the first to review the Learning the Alphabet product.