A 367-page workbook that builds on the foundational precepts introduced in the Learning the Alphabet Level 1 - Letter Workbook Series. It is intended for students who have completed all 26 Learning the Alphabet Level 1 workbooks.
The goal of the Level 2 workbook exercises is to reinforce and practice the concepts learned in Level 1 along with, learning new skills that set the ultimate pre-reading foundation.
Major Skills and Concepts
- Understand that each alphabet letter has a distinct shape and name.
- Correctly identify each letter of the alphabet.
- Recognize uppercase and lowercase letters.
- Demonstrate correct letter formation using the continuous stroke method to help prevent letter reversals.
- Phonics - Learn the connected relationships between the letters and the spoken sounds.
- Develop correct letter sound recognition.
- Recognize the starting, middle and ending sounds of words.
- Develop phonemic awareness - the ability to hear, identify and arrange phonemes (individual sounds).
- Understand that letters are the building blocks of words.
- Demonstrate correct handwriting techniques through tracing and letter writing exercises.
- Develop observation, awareness and attention skill sets through interactive sound exercises.
- Understand and recognize rhyming words.
- Identify vowels and consonants to understand word formation.
- Confidently write letters in alphabetical order.
- Gain order and understanding of their emerging vocabulary.
- Increase their desire for learning and accelerated academic progress.
- A 367-page workbook specifically designed to reinforce and practice the concepts learned in the Learning the Alphabet Level 1 along with, learning new skills that set the ultimate pre-reading foundation.
- A clear teacher's manual that guides you on how to teach each skill and concept.
- Easy to understand instructions for worksheets and suggestions for implementing the program activities.
- Answer keys for applicable worksheets.
- Modern, eye-catching graphics designed for an elementary student.
- Fun and practical activities including puzzles, mazes, and games.
- Bonus Materials: Large Lines Handwriting Paper, Alphabet Letter Mat, and Achievement Award.
- Letter Recognition
- Alphabet Letter Sequence
- Beginning Letter Sounds
- Ending Consonant Sounds
- Vowels and Consonants
- Middle Vowel Sounds
- Rhyming Words
Can I see a sample of the program lessons?
Yes, download a sample from the Learning the Alphabet Level 2 workbook - click the links below:
To view a preview of the workbook, click the links below:
Download the entire workbook RIGHT NOW, and you'll also receive these additional special BONUS offers:
- FREE updates for 3-Months 12-Months!
- Large Lines Handwriting Paper: Printable writing paper with large lines, perfect for beginner writers.
- Achievement Award: A "Program Completion" certificate to reward your student's achievement.
- Alphabet Letter Mat: A through Z uppercase and lowercase letter mat. A digital download that you will need to laminate to create your mat.
Discover more about the Learning the Alphabet Program