Create a city with roads and buildings using recycled milk cartons. Boys will love pushing their little cars around the city after they enjoyed this art project activity.
Supplies you will need:
- Cardboard (approx. 25"x20").
- Paper glue (or stapler).
- Crayons (or colored pencils).
- 4 recycled milk cartons.
- 2 different color papers (8"x11")
- Different color markers
- White paint
- Paint brush.
- Cut one of the sides of each milk carton to create an opening (for the roof).
- Paint the cardboard and milk cartons with white paint.
- Draw windows and doors in each milk carton using markers or paint.
- Cut out colored paper to make different roof shapes for each milk carton / building. Use a stapler or glue to attach the roof to each building.
- Determine where each milk carton / building will be placed on the cardboard and mark it with a pencil their location.
- Draw city roads around the cardboard while making sure to leave room for the buildings
- Use crayons to color the city roads, grass and anything else you would like to see in your city.
- Play with cars around the city road making sure to go around the buildings.